WE’RE HERE TO HELP!
In these uncertain times, we stand together with local, State and Federal agencies to help you deal with the consequences of the COVID-19 outbreak with advice and resources.
First and foremost, our staff is here to help! If you have any questions or issues, please e-mail Michael, our Regional Director, to schedule a call with our staff. We’d love to hear how you adapt to this situation too, so we can share your ideas with the community.
You will find useful links below. We encourage you to visit these pages regularly: they will be updated as the situation develops, with official information and hopefully new relief programs.
*Effective March 31st, Santa Clara County, along with the Counties of Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, San Francisco, and San Mateo, have extended and revised the Shelter in Place order until May 3rd.*
The Order can be found on the SCC Site: https://www.sccgov.org/sites/phd/DiseaseInformation/novel-coronavirus/Pages/order-health-officer-033120.aspx
Santa Clara County’s Social Distancing Protocol is available in multiple languages[added on 4/2/20]:
1. Info from the San Jose Office of Economic Development:
2. The Small Business Administration is now preparing to offer Disaster Assistance Loans to businesses in designated states and territories affected by the Coronavirus. The City of San Jose is assisting the County of Santa Clara in unlocking this funding source for our region. Interested businesses should begin preparing financial statements now. Additional information about the loans is available from the SBA.
3. EDD Coronavirus webpage, in particular with info about the State payroll tax assistance program: https://www.edd.ca.gov/about_edd/coronavirus-2019.htm
4. Info about State loan programs, including disaster relief: https://business.ca.gov/coronavirus-2019/
5. Workforce Reduction Strategies you should consider, listing both alternatives to layoffs and layoffs logistics information [*Updated- 3/31/20 to reflect the temporary suspension of the California WARN Act in response to COVID-19].
6. Rent Relief Negotiating Tactics we recommend you follow during the COVID-19 outbreak and current shelter-in-place. [added on 3/27/2020]
7. Here is a summary of the upcoming FFCRA Federal law, taking effect on April 1st and requiring employers with less than 500 employees to provide emergency paid sick leave and paid family leave. [added on 3/30/20]
8. Here is a link to our Bay Area COVID-19 Protective Equipment Production Efforts Form. Fill out this form if your company is interested in learning more about producing PPEs.[Added on 3/30]
Of course, this page will be updated as new programs and resources become available. We will do all we can to support you through this crisis.
Don’t hesitate to reach out at any time. Stay strong, be resilient, and keep making it in San Jose.
-The MFG:SJ staff.