WE’RE HERE TO HELP!
In these uncertain times, we stand together with local, State and Federal agencies to help you deal with the consequences of the COVID-19 outbreak with advice and resources.
First and foremost, our staff is here to help! If you have any questions or issues, please e-mail Michael, our Regional Director, to schedule a call with our staff. We’d love to hear how you adapt to this situation too, so we can share your ideas with the community.
You will find useful links below. We encourage you to visit these pages regularly: they will be updated as the situation develops, with official information and hopefully new relief programs.
*Currently, Santa Clara County is under the Orange Tier per the California State’s Blueprint for a Safer Economy (effective March 24th, 2021)*
You can find the new Santa Clara County Advisory on Risk Reduction Measures here:
1. Info from the San Jose Office of Economic Development:
2.We’ve compiled guidance around currently available funding resources: https://mfgsj.org/covid-19-funding-resources/
3. EDD Coronavirus webpage, in particular with info about the State payroll tax assistance program: https://www.edd.ca.gov/about_edd/coronavirus-2019.htm
4. Info about State loan programs, including disaster relief: https://business.ca.gov/coronavirus-2019/
5. Workforce Reduction Strategies you should consider, listing both alternatives to layoffs and layoffs logistics information [*Updated- 3/31/20 to reflect the temporary suspension of the California WARN Act in response to COVID-19].
6. Rent Relief Negotiating Tactics we recommend you follow during the COVID-19 outbreak and current shelter-in-place. [added on 3/27/2020]
7. Here is a summary of the FFCRA Federal law that took effect on April 1st and requires employers with less than 500 employees to provide emergency paid sick leave and paid family leave. [added on 3/30/20]
8. Here is a link to our Bay Area COVID-19 Protective Equipment Production Efforts Form. Fill out this form if your company is interested in learning more about producing PPEs.[Added on 3/30]
Of course, this page will be updated as new programs and resources become available. We will do all we can to support you through this crisis.
Don’t hesitate to reach out at any time. Stay strong, be resilient, and keep making it in San Jose.
-The MFG:SJ staff.